Friday, June 1, 2007

June 1, 2007

Well, OK. Maybe we're not quite cooking with gas. Perhaps I'm using charcoal.

I promise I will eventually figure out how to put pictures where I want them in this blog, with titles under them and everything. The following are pictures of:
1. my beautiful front porch with azaleas;
2. the guy wearing a ferry boat and an island (with a ruined Scottish-style castle on it--it's in the middle of the Hudson--you've got to see it!);
3. me, in my stunning cat hat.

On my hat, two cats are lying amid flowers. One carries a sign that reads "Mid-Hudson Animal Aid - Beacon," and the other one says "Don't Litter! Spay or neuter!" I'm also wearing some of the kitty-face pins that I'm making. I expect to wear this ridiculous get-up while attending functions on behalf of the shelter. Will I frighten away the children?

What else? We are on our way to Maryland to visit my mother-in-law for the weekend. We're listening to a great book on tape--the biography of Alexander Hamilton. I think I have a new national hero. When you tally up all the things he did, it's amazing any one person could have done them. It's too bad he died young and he had so many political enemies, who were able to tarnish his reputation after his death. One bit of interesting information we have learned about Alexander Hamilton--he used to live in Beacon!

No comments: